Sunday, November 11, 2007

Something to blog about

For the longest time, the thought of this blog was very oppressive. I mean, what would I write about that even I myself would care about? And then I stopped thinking about the blog and started thinking about what I've been thinking about, and I realized that much of my school day is concerned with the same things this Post program is. I go to work every day and play the role of tech evangelist, trying to assist teachers in integrating technology into their curriculum on a day-to-day basis. Professionally, that's just about all I think of, so you'll pardon me if that's all I can think of to blog about!
It feels like one of those situations where I couldn't see the forest because the trees got in my way. I join the Post program because it's about spreading the Technological Word, we focus in class on constructivist learning environments, I go to school during the day and try to recreate the same thing, and only now do I see how intimately the connection between my studies and my professional focus have been. A great big "doh!" for me!

3 comments:

Karen Kliegman said...

A perfect "aha" moment!

Sharon said...

Funny Frank - I felt the same way about blogging in the beginning! Didn't think I wanted to do it and didn't think I could keep it going. But after awhile, it becomes addicting. It's funny when you're driving down the road and suddenly an idea pops into your head and you're like, "Hey, I could blog about this!!!"

FrankDC said...

Very true Sharon! Now if I could only hook up my cell phone straight to my blog, I could get those posts from the car to the page! Hmmm, that gives me an idea...